Monday, July 7, 2014

Books are great

I wish I had the fortitude and talent to sit down and start writing a book.  Once I started  writing about my life.  I thought it would be a nice thing for my children and or grandchildren to read after I am gone.  I managed quite a few pages but then kind of abandoned it.  I still have it on the computer saved and  one day maybe I will get back to it.   I do a lot of reading and really enjoy that.  It is  an escape to be able to get into a good book.   It not only gives me something to do but it lets me learn and enjoy all kinds of new things.  Things I might never see or experience.  For a while there I was reading a lot of books, fiction, of the Amish.  I am now reading books I can get for free on my Nook.  I have bought some that I knew would never be offered for free but mostly I get the free ones.  Some are not all that good but some are very good.  I think the free books  are from new authors and they like a review of what the reader thought of the book.  I have reviewed a couple of them but mostly don't.   Reading has always been a big thing for me.  When I was a small child my Dad would sit me on his lap and read the comics to me from the newspaper.  My mother always had a subscription to the Readers Digest and she would read me things from it and  eventually after learning to read I  enjoyed the Digest on my own.  My brother and I both had lots of comic books.  Reading was just a part of things in our lives.  Maybe comics aren't the best thing to have read but it produced an interest in reading.    So here I am still reading and having fantasies of writing something of mine that someone would want to read.  Just dreaming and blogging and at least this will be read!  Okay, reality is maybe I am too lazy to put in the work to actually write.  Ah well.

No comments:

Post a Comment