Monday, August 11, 2014

Be Happy

I have not been here for a while.  I wonder why when I think about it.  Using this blog is kind of like a journal for me.  I guess life sometimes catches up with us.  My hubby has been diagnosed with Emphysema.  This has made life a little different.  He hasn't smoked for many years but he was a heavy smoker and it finally caught up with him.  What a horrible habit it is and so very hard to break.  I never smoked but lived with parents that did and then the husband so plenty of second hand smoke.  My sons never took up the habit.  I am so very pleased with that.  I don't know why they didn't but what a blessing.  When I was diagnosed years ago with MS, there was no more smoking done in the house, that I can be thankful for.  Not that it prevented the MS but it made it easier for me to deal with having it.  Didn't need to complain about smoky ashtrays anymore.  Now as we are older and wiser and actually more loving than during the trying time of youth and children, things are good.  Be happy today.  Live each day as if it were your last because it might be.  Love one another.  Pray.  Life is beautiful and there is something better after this earthy life is over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment