Saturday, September 20, 2014

Small complaint

I love this time of year when the leaves start turning and looking so pretty.  Hate to see them leave for the Winter but love when all is green again in Spring.

I am here to rant.  Here goes.  This morning the hubby and I decided to have BELTS for breakfast.  That's a bacon, egg, lettuce, and tomato sandwich.  We were all set and I was cooking the bacon when we realized we had no tomatoes.  So he took off to the store that is close by to get a tomato.  Here is my rant.  One mediuIm sized tomato cost $2.09.  I can't believe the cost of food anymore.  It just keeps getting higher and higher.  Now I know the tomato growing season is over but still....grumble grumble!  If it were just the cost of that I wouldn't rant but it is everything.  I know wages are bigger now and a lot of the working public are making good money.  Unfortunately us retired seniors are not making anymore money and prices are not easy to keep up with.  Maybe as we age and eat less and do less it is thought that we need less.  Oh well that is my upset for the day but might I say on a good note before leaving....that breakfast was oh so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment